Sir Arthur Cochrane, K.C.V.O.
Clarenceux King of Arms
Patron of Cambridge University Heraldic Society
- Born: April 27th, 1872
- Educated: Repton
- Appointments to Orders of Chivalry:
- The Royal Victorian Order – Knight Commander, 1937 (Commander, 1931; Member (of the Fourth Class): 1911).
- Appointments in the College of Arms:
- Rouge Croix Pursuivant of Arms, 1904-1915;
- Chester Herald, 1915-1926;
- Registrar, 1919-1928;
- Norroy King of Arms, 1926-1928;
- Clarenceux King of Arms from 1928;
- Advisor on Naval Badges, from 1934.
- Arms: Per pale or and gules two crosses trefly dimidated and issuing from the dexter and sinister flanks counterchanged and for a crest a horse passant argent with a gold crown about its neck.
- Motto: Virtute et Labore.
- Died: January 11th, 1954